Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is the right place to stick this

I had a corrupted copy of abook.mab, which I edited to get rid of the corupted bits. but whne I load thunderbird it says it is unable to load the corrected address book file.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
* I think I'm turning Luddite, I can't find the edit post button* :(
I would just like to add that the file abook.mab is coming up with "One of your address books could not be read..."

I have checked the file for any obvious mistakes in the code but to no avail. Any help with this would be warmly accespted

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another user with Thunderbird Address book problem

My problem is that after a system failure (either the HD is flaky, or the registry was corrupt), I reinstalled XP and core programs. Thunderbird was a problem. It knew my optional and account settings somewhow, but the Personal Address list was grossly truncated, left with a few contacts who had been automatically collected during the period between failure and reinstall.

I searched for abook.mab and found 4 instances each of 3 types. There seemed to be one for me (but the XP name for me was slightly wrong, another for owner, and the 3rd for All Users. One .mab was 300K, the others much smaller. I figure the 300K baby is the complete one, but all atttempts to get T'Bird to find it and use it fail.

I tried uninstalling the 3 mozilla program directories and cleaning up the stuff still on the paths, then reinstalled. Same thing: T'bird knows about the short abook.mab file. It also seems like I didn't clear everything out when I manually deleted files after uninstall. Somehow all the crap seems to have been stored somewhere--I don't know where. The registry maybe?

Any help (to get T'BIrd to see and use a particular ABOOK.MAB) wld be much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.