Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have helped some people here so I am hoping to get my favor returned with this real tough one :grin: Okay so I use a Attache 1 Gb Flash Drive and I thought to myself one day (why dont I install a mini pclinuxos on here). So I go ahead to, it formats, and partitions it and then messes up. Im not worried with the installation its just that now my 1 Gb falsh drive is only 465 Mb in Windows eyes!! :frown: When I went to the logical disk manager on my Windows Vista Business, it had said that there was a 392 Mb, 465 Mb, and 9 Mb partitions. Is there any way to put all of the partitions back together again. People usually skip over these hard one but please, anyone can you help me, I really need all that space back :frown:

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Hi Techpro, I found this article from a google search. You may have to use an XP machine if you're going to follow this word for word.

If you have stuff on there that you want to keep, you'll want to dump it on to the hard drive before you try it though.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have tried that but it had gave me an error message saying "The Attempted operation is invalid." I would give you the picture my I can't upload anything due to a DNS problem. I am going to post up that problem in a later thread after I get this all solved out. Anyways back to the point, I really have no idea because it will not allow to make any changes to the partitioning and it seems I am locked out as you can see I got that error message from trying to delete a partition on it. I am really perplexed by this one. :frown:

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
This would be a stretch, but I would try the gparted livecd. It's basically Linux on a cd for the sole purpose of partitioning. You can download it at http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

Just be careful you don't select your computer's hard drive for repartitioning ;)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried it and the disk froze while running it, the drive is still in the same way and I have tried many programs to fix it. I really need anyones help :frown:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please anyone I'm begging please can you help me, bump... :frown:

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Only thing I can think of would be to try the same thing in a different machine and see if it locks up there too.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perfect, for some reason the security on Vista was locking me from deleting the partition, but the good news is that I tried it on another one of My XP Computers and the partitions deleted!! :grin: My flash drive is back to normal so Moderators, you can put this case as [SOLVED] :smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.