Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i went to shut down something munally by hitting "Ctrtl + Alt+ Delete" and the window pop up but it was only up for a split second, So whats going on and how can i fix it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the help, tom, but I ran the scans the day it started happening and nothing came up, so i was forced to do a system restore. Everythings working fine, and I installed a firewall.

Thanks for the help.::D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry I could not be more helpful,

What OS are you both running? It would be nice to find out what caused it for further references.

Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm running Windows XP as my OS, and came down with that nasty blaster worm a couple days ago, around the same time this started happening.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have not read anything about the W32.Blaster.Worm disabling or changing the exe association, but it does make registry changes so it is hard to say what damage it did. Sometimes the cure ( anti-virus software or cleaners ) do more damage then the virus. Some cleaners tend to just delete and remove anything infected. which can lead to all sorts of problems.

Tom

·
Registered
49 Posts
spyware?

Have you run a spyware scanner/remover, spyware can cause quite a bit of malicious occourances?

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
well

the scan at www.trendmicro.com isnt like that

it splits the infected file, leaving the original file, and the virus as a seperate non attached file.

what's the next reason not to do something that is suggested?

Hmm?

seems like anytime anyone comes up with a good idea, SOMEONE has to shoot it down, with some sort of a whiny statement about how it causes more trouble to fix it...

now, i have had more than 50 virii, and i gotta say, i havent ever had more fun with a virus than without one.

anyone want some neat little bugs?
(they are all locked up safe, till you unleash it, i swear...)

in the opinion of an idiot, scanning for virii is a great thing.

~BoB~

·
Registered
49 Posts
These suggestions are nothing more than opinions in occurance of the author. It's to the readers own risk how they publish the opinion. He's right, Trend's online scanner is very helpful.

For every issue comes a patch and for every patch comes an issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Let me explain so no one is confused.

First, the whole idea of scanning with the online scanner is to catch something that maybe your Anti-virus software may have missed. Some viruses actually disable your anti-virus software.

Second, there are many different types of anti-virus software and worm cleaners. Some of them like pandas Quick remover are quite good and do not delete the original file. There are others that their idea of a fix is deleting anything infected.

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.