Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I recently removed my heatsink from my Processor, and I had a little bit of trouble with it. Now my Processor has some small scratches on it. Is my CPU ruined? Is there anything I can do about it? I'm not ready to buy another $300 CPU. Will they replace it?

The scratches aren't very deep, but they aren't something you can just wipe off with a cloth.

While I was taking off the heatsink I applied a bit of pressure on accident. God I'm going to be devestated if I cracked the core.

I just got the processor the day before yesterday. I decided on a different mobo, so I had to remove it from the one I was installing it on.

Attachments

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
please watch the language...

as far as it goes, your processor is probably fine, that sort of thing is what thermal paste is for.

just make sure it doesn't have a burr on it, if it does, you may want to lap the processor face.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WaltSide said:
please watch the language...

as far as it goes, your processor is probably fine, that sort of thing is what thermal paste is for.

just make sure it doesn't have a burr on it, if it does, you may want to lap the processor face.
Sorry, I will edit it out. I feel even the stars is too much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.