Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I am running a Dell inspiron 500m with windows XP. I have been using my old paralell port zip 100 drive at home and it had been working perfectly once I installed Iomega's active disk software.

But then I installed a Novell Netware client (unfortunately, I have to do this for school), and now it won't show up in "My computer" anymore, and in the device manager it has one of those little exclamation marks beside a disk drive "IMG VP0" and all it tells me is "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".

I wanted to check both the novell and iomega websites, but I get "page cannot be displayed" errors for both of them.

So can I be sure that it is Novell that is giving me this problem? Can I fix it somehow? Or is my ZIP f*cked thanks to Novell?:mad:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Before you loaded the Netware client

What was the drive letter of the Zip?

I'm willing to bet that your client is hijacking F: (the standard First Network Drive). Netware's MAP command (used in the logon script) can map network drives to A: if it wanted to.

Once you've logged on to the network, what drive letters are in use?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Before you loaded the Netware client

Chevy said:
What was the drive letter of the Zip?

I'm willing to bet that your client is hijacking F: (the standard First Network Drive). Netware's MAP command (used in the logon script) can map network drives to A: if it wanted to.

Once you've logged on to the network, what drive letters are in use?
Zip was using E:
The network uses drives starting with N:

I don't think hijacking drive letters is the problem.

·
Global Moderator
51,325 Posts
I think Chevy is onto your issue. It's been a long time since I tinkered with Netware, but I remember that I had to change the login script to reserve more local drive letters so all my drives could be used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.