Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated, my T23 won't turn on. There is power, at least to an extent, because when you push the power button all the lights light up and the fan starts. But nothing comes on the screen, it stays black. The fan suges on and off. The hard drive never spins up. Nothing ever appears on the screen. I tried using an external monitor and it's the same story. The monitor never comes back from power save (probably because the FN button isn't working for whatever reason). Anyways, I have extensive background with desktop computers, building, fixing, etc, but I haven't had much luck with laptops short of replacing hard drives. I'm prepared to have a professional fix it, but I'm wondering what might be wrong with it before I pay the big bucks to have it fix. It's a relatively old laptop (1.13GHz P3) so it isn't worth that much to fix it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid my laptop is in much worse condition. The computer acts as if I had a shot motherboard (and very well could). I tried using an external monitor, tried changing up the ram, AND I ever ran it without ram and the same thing happens. Defintely seems like a dead motherboard or a dead cpu or something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same Exact Problem

I have the same exact problem with a T23. I will be trying a new battery as the current one is suspicious (wouldn't charge and then finally did.) Should you be able to run the T23 with out the battery (can't)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
T23 power question

For those of you who have a T23 - will it operate without the battery?

For those of you who have a T20-23 & a volt meter can you tell me the actual output on each of the four individual leads on the battery?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem with my T23

Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your laptop? Mine is doing the exactsame thing and I am trying to decide what to do with it. Thanks for any
advice you can give me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been told that the T-23 should be able to run without a battery. I have also been told that problem rests somewhere on the mother board and it seems like a case of either replacing the motherboard or selling what you have for parts. I'm selling what I have for parts. One trick that worked twice for me was to unplug the pc, remove the battery and hold the power button down for 30-45 seconds then reconnect and start up. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.