Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older IBM Thinkpad 600 model 2645-45U. The HDD was totally wiped out and I reinstalled WIN 95 and I ran into a strange problem.

I downloaded all the drivers I need from the IBM website but when I install the Crystal Audio drivers something strange happens. When I first do the install the sound works great. No conflicts in the device driver section and all sound features work. After I reboot the computer once, the sound goes away. The Crystal codec shows device problems Code 2 and Code 10.

The Config.sys file has a device=cwdinit.exe line in it, so I know it is starting the audio drivers. I double-checked and the driver seems right from the cirrus website, even though i don't know the hardware version of the sound card. Any help on these points is appreciated.

I haven't installed all the drivers since I still have a few unknown devices showing up in the Device manager. This sound issue is really bothering me.

If someone has a solution, please e-mail it to me at [email protected], since I need a quick answer and I am not online that much.

Thanks in advance,
Randy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.