Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
things like videos and games aren't going good...they are kinda choppy. i'm using beta 100.59 of the forceware for vista (i hate it, nothing to do.) games go half what they did in xp, idk if its the drivers or what, or if its dx10 thats making these problems. if it is, can i downgrade to dx9?

·
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired
13,608 Posts
how about useing the none beta vista video drivers? i know nvidia has some. and since you don't have a dx10 vid card, you aren't running dx10, but the hightest your card supports, which should be dx9c. i think setting the game settings lower than you have them at will improve proformance. remember, vista is more of a resorce hog than xp, and the games are not written for vista, but to run well in xp. and because of that, imho, your cpu and ram are alittle on the light side. but what is your vista experience rating (remember that 5.9 is the max. i bet its around 3)?

also, are you using the 32bit or 64bit version of vista? even with a 64bit cpu, the 32bit version is going to run alot better than the 64bit version.

·
Banned
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
they must have a lot of things to fix.

i'm running 32-bit.

edit:!!!!! i have no idea, i didn't change anything, but now everything is going VERY good; games play BETTER than on xp (for some weird reason)...idk what i did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.