Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to access a US Government website and as some of you may know, many government websites do not use security certificates, so IE always flags them. Anyway I went to the index page of the site and IE tells me "There is a problem with this website's security certificate." and I click "Continue to this website (not recommended).," but the site will not load. IE just reloads the same page. I can click continue a hundred times and all it does is reload the same page over and over.

I have tied adding the website to the approved sites list, but that did not resolve the issue. Is there a way I can disable IE from ever warning me about any certificate errors?

·
TSF Emeritus
15,080 Posts
You can but its not recommended

Clicked on Tools
Clicked on Internet Options
Clicked Advanced
Scrolled down to "Check for publisher's certificate revocation." and unchecked this.
Clicked Apply
Clicked OK
Closed and reopened the browser

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can but its not recommended

Clicked on Tools
Clicked on Internet Options
Clicked Advanced
Scrolled down to "Check for publisher's certificate revocation." and unchecked this.
Clicked Apply
Clicked OK
Closed and reopened the browser
Done, problem still exists. :confused:

·
Visiting Expert, Microsoft Support Team
660 Posts
Have you tried using other browsers (Chrome, Firefox) to view the govt. site?

Also, within IE's Internet Options, click Advanced, and try unchecking all the certificate related options and check again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cannot use Firefox because the sites require CAC certificates and the card reader I am using does not support Firefox. I have tried unchecking all certificate related security options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.