Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The key word on the subject is properly. I am running Windows XP Pro with a Core2 Duo and 2GB RAM. Service Pack 3 is installed. This is a "new" system as my previous one was about 10 years old.

Up until stupid me decided to install a screen saver from FREEZE.com, things were working correctly. I was able to import my old desktop themes from Windows 95 PLUS pack and installed my screen saver of choice, 2nd Nature Screen savers. After I installed FREEZE.com's Marine Aquarium 2 things went south. I can select a theme, but not all of them display properly. This one is maddening because I installed some new themes to see what was going on and they show up sans screen saver. The ones from the PLUS pack show up properly in the "Display Properties" window, but have no screen saver AND put a generic Windows XP background up instead of what is shown in the "Display Properties" window. When I reboot, my icons will still show the theme I chose, but my desktop now displays the last 2nd Nature desktop that I had up. My 2nd Nature, and a few windows screen savers do not work properly, e.g. I get one picture and it stays there vice changing OR it flat out doesn't display. In fact, the screen saver that comes with those old themes doesn't even appear as an option under the "Screen Saver" tab. Oh yes, I now also get a C++ runtime error message that pops up from Roxio "RoxWatch" so I don't have full computability with my CD burner.

I have successfully completed steps 1 - 4. I am unable to get DSS to complete without an error message popping up. I am able to get the "HIJACKTHIS" program to work and have attached it's results.

Other than a complete system wipe and reinstall (again :upset:), any ideas? As always, thank you for your support.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A) Bump

B) I have part of the problem narrowed down to a registry problem as I can create a new profile and my themes display properly. The next part of the problem looks like either a driver conflict or a corrupted driver. I am leaning towards the corrupted driver as 90% of the time my display is fine. My display only goes bad when I attempt to see if I found my solution by changing themes. As soon as I switch themes to either certain themes or about 3 times I then have black on black for text for active/inactive windows.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.