Tech Support banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this phone for 3 years now and have dropped it several times, leaving me with a mildly cracked screen and a small clump of dead pixels. So, my problem might just be that this old phone just can't handle the wear and tear anymore and the touch screen is just bugging out.

Very often when I tap the screen, there's a chance the phone will register my tap in the dead center of the screen instead. There's a weird dividing line that divides the top half of my screen from the bottom half, and my phone incorrectly reads my taps across this line. I'm linking a screenshot.

I tapped up near the top, but as you can see, my phone registers a flurry of extra taps in the dead center of the screen as well. This happens constantly and gets in my way.

I'm going to get my mom's phone once she gets an upgrade, so this isn't a big issue, I'd just like to know if this is something that can be fixed, or if my phone is just busted now.

Thanks in advance!
Adam

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I do not think their is anything you can do yourself. I’m sure the service you use can get it fixed. Not sure if you have insurance on the phone. Probably cost more than phone is worth.
That's disappointing, but thanks for letting me know!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts