Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I install and play The Sims 2, everything is perfect. My laptop is more than capable of running it. Well, when I QUIT the game, it crashes. If I choose to save when I quit, it doesn't crash until I restart my computer.

The file is ati2duag.dll or whatnot. It's a graphics card error. My graphics card is an ATI Radeon x1400 512MB HyperMemory.

Is the problem that it's HyperMemory or what?

Thanks

·
TSF Enthusiast
5,538 Posts
ok thats easy goto the add/remove section in the control panel.find the ati drivers click on it,and it will start the uninstall process.be sure to download your drivers so you will have them ready to install.finally no your video will work with no driver the display just wont have the same quality untill you reinstall the drivers.

mobility radeon driver download: http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/mobility-xp.html

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, but it says the software update can't be installed on my computer.

I went to the Acer site and downloaded the video drivers. I've re-installed them now too. When I go home in a few hours I'll try The Sims 2 again and see if I get the error. I hope not, because I really love the game.

Thanks for the help, I'll be sure to re-post later on if it works/doesn't

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It didn't work. I copied down the error when I got it this time. This is the error:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Mentions ati3duag.dll (possibly the file error)

Says that "Disabe BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing" as a possible solution to fix it. Any ideas? How do I disable BIOS memory options?

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Run through the steps listed under "Common Game Issues" in my signature, and post back with results.

If you have no luck there, make sure you post your full system specs. Also, download Memtest86, and run it for at least 10 cycles. Let us know if it finds any errors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.