Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I had connected my electronic keyboard to my laptop and was playing a song of mine using a high-quality VTS on FL studio. The song is a bit intense, so I had a couple of minor lags in sound but it was nothing important. But then, the screen of my laptop went black when I was still playing and the sound stopped. When I clicked on my mouse, my laptop opened again as if nothing happened and all the sounds I pressed on my keyboard while the screen was still black started to pop up suddenly.
So, this happened due to a bottleneck probably, but was the problem related to my CPU or sound card? What really happened there? And could this have caused any damage to my computer?

Thanks for reading so far.

· Registered
5,904 Posts
You laptop may have powered off your USB ports while you were playing because it didn't think that it was receiving any user input. Try setting the USB ports to remain powered on while using an AC adapter and always use as AC adapter when playing your keyboard. If you set the ports to remain powered on when only on battery they will drain your battery. Also, your laptop may have gone into sleep mode for the same reason. This behavior can also be changed in the power settings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts