Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeh, I did the uninstall and then reloaded the mouse but came up with the same result. There is one small detail here that I was told, by some other "experts",would not affect anything but I'm still wondering. This project started as a dead Compaq PIII. The motherboard was noticably dead. I put in a ASUS P2B motherboard. Everything except a spare parallel fit wonderfully. THe system came up, installed several drivers ( I don't recall what all they were). After another reboot the familiar windows 98 screen came up and all looked well. Until I tried to access the MY Computer icon and several others. THe icon would be highlighted, I'd double click and nothing. The mouse will pull up all the menus in the Task Bar, but when it comes time to do something--- it's gone. Man this is driving me nuts.:mad: :mad::confused:

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
hello deanpavil...
I did notice that you have a post already about the mouse problem...please try to keep all the threads together, its easier for us to follow up with you and solve the problem quicker...

did you check connectors on the mouse ? is anything bent or missing ? are you able to youse your keyboard when that happens or does computer stops responding all together when pointer dissapears...also check bios setup..might be under integrated peripherals...

thanks, please post back... :D

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
First off, changing the MB under an existing Window installation will frequently cause such issues. My advice is a clean install of Windows on the new hardware, I'll bet this problem is history after that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.