Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a dozen hours trying to fix it I'm now reaching out.

I am trying to connect a mouse, specifically a Glorious Model D.

I get this msg whenever I have tried to use it.

I have looked at all my USB drivers, checked for updates tried everything.

Note: I couldnt find Generic USB Hub....

Please help.

Font Screenshot Multimedia Software Darkness

Font Screenshot Multimedia Software Darkness
Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Parallel
Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Parallel

·
Global Moderator
Knowing how to use Google to solve problems
42,533 Posts
Is this a Desktop or a Laptop?
In the Device Manager, right click the Yellow Flagged Unknown device and Uninstall it. Remove the Wireless controller from the computer end. Restart the computer. When the computer loads completely, put the wireless controller into a different USB port. You should get New Hardware Found. If it is a Desktop computer, put the controller into the Back USB port, not the front or thru a Hub as this will diminish the power. See if that works.
If it doesn't and the mouse doesn't work on another computer then it is a bad mouse.

·
Registered
758 Posts
If I were in this position, I would simply re-format the USB making sure the file system is FAT-32 which is the default, up to a certain size, I believe. I have a 128 GB Verbatim. It uses NTFS. There is also a file system called ex-FAT. I have not had any experience with it. It could also be that the USB mentioned above has simply failed. I had this experience with a large Sandisk, I don't remember the capacity now. In any case, there is no need to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

·
Global Moderator
Knowing how to use Google to solve problems
42,533 Posts
@storm5510 Please read the thread before commenting. The OP is trying to install a Wireless Mouse Not a USB Flash drive.

To add to your comments, all though off topic, any Flash drive over 32GB should be formatted NTFS or exFAT. exFAT is more compatible if sharing files between Windows and a Mac, it also doesn't have the file size limitation of 4GB that FAT32 does. You are correct in saying that the USB device may have failed, since the OP tried the USB Mouse Controller on a second computer and it failed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts