Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup. I didn't know about this until just recently, but this error I'm getting seems to be spreading around like the black plague in the form of the BSoD.

Here are my specs:

Windows XP
MSI Motherboard (currently do not have the model #)
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
1024 MB RAM
200GB Harddrive
Intel Pentium 4 Processor

I'm certain the problem lies in my video card. The error says it's been caught in an infinite loophole and the error was caused by the file "ati2dvag".

It usually happens when I'm running something that requires high graphics, like a game such as Counter Strike Source, or Portal, etc.

I've already reinstalled the latest drivers for it and no luck. Some while back I took out my video card and reinserted it into my motherboard and it worked for about a week without a problem, but it eventually came back to haunt me.

Can you guys find any solutions? Thanks for reading.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
always include your power supply details in your specs
in the device manger uninstall the card
reboot tapping f8 and choose vga mode
when windows finishes rebooting
disable a/virus
install your drivers
reboot the computer

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My power supply?

RaidMAX: Model - KY 520ATX

Also, allow me to ask you this, but are you sure that your fix you posted will work?

I'd also like to mention that every time I uninstall the drivers for the video card, Windows automatically "finds new hardware", and installs the driver by itself. Any way I can stop that?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your fix didn't help. I did what you said and the computer restarted twice before I could actually get on the web and tell you this.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
the fix was not guaranteed to work,but we needed to know the drivers were installed correctly and eliminate them from the equasion
see if you can get a quality psu 550w or better to try in it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.