Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean the regular, non-Ultra version, the 128 MB version. Does anyone know what wattage it requires, an "XXX"-watt power supply? I have a 430W.

·
Registered
572 Posts
430W is more than enough for that card as long as its not a cheap brand. It also depends how many other devices you have plugged in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
myquitehead said:
430W is more than enough for that card as long as its not a cheap brand. It also depends how many other devices you have plugged in.

Well, I don't think I have anything that'd cause a problem. Just a P4 2.66 GHz and a gig of RAM, two hard drives and a DVD and CD drive. It's an Antec, which I think is a good brand, right?

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
I also have that type of 6800, we call it "Vanilla!" Anyway, I believe it requires a minimum 350w PSU. Of course, you'll want to attach a quality PSU to a quality card like that. Antec and Enermax are brands to look at if you want to upgrade. Next, what are the amperes of your PSU. They are indicated on the sticker on the side of the PSU. The +12v line is the most important in this case.

If you want to know how to make your card run better just let me know and I'll teach you how to do a soft-mod.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ebackhus said:
I also have that type of 6800, we call it "Vanilla!" Anyway, I believe it requires a minimum 350w PSU. Of course, you'll want to attach a quality PSU to a quality card like that. Antec and Enermax are brands to look at if you want to upgrade. Next, what are the amperes of your PSU. They are indicated on the sticker on the side of the PSU. The +12v line is the most important in this case.

If you want to know how to make your card run better just let me know and I'll teach you how to do a soft-mod.
Thanks, but I don't have it yet. I'm actually upgrading due to severe artifact problems with my ATI Radeon 9800 "vanilla". Does it run cool, have you had any problems with it?

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Mine is made by eVGA and keeps plenty cool with stock equipment. Haven't had one problem yet and I push my system like hell at times. Congrats on the new card, you'll enjoy it.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
A few things. All use the same core chip essentially. Obviously the GT and Ultra version use a different core. The major differences are in the RAM used and the overall workmanship. This is my first eVGA purchase and I'm glad I bought it because it works great and I've heard lots of great things about them. You'll also find boards from companies like MSI, Asus, GigaByte, PNY, BFG, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.