Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I turn my desktop ON, all me my hardware suddenly starts re installing itself and then i'm prompted to restart. And when i restart, the same cycle repeats itself. Also, i use my phone's bluetooth connection to connect to the internet on my pc, so is this bluetooth causing the problem. I'm using a v2.0 usb dongle with bluesoleil.

Please help..
Thanks..

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
Hello ronnie141, :welcome: to TSF>

Firstly, let's try starting the desktop with the Bluetooth� and the USB 2.0 dongle disconnected.
If this is not successful; start the computer while continually tapping the F8 key, this will take you to a screen with a number of listings; such as, Safe Mode, and including Last known good configuration.
Select Last Known Good configuration, and allow the PC to reboot.
All should be normal by now...post back with the outcome of these two suggestions.

Kind Regards,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying. Actually, i've even tried to start my pc without any usb devices attached but then it would turn on perfectly 3 - 4 times and alas, the 5th time would either result in a system crash (windows fails to boot and startup repair shoots up instead which in turn isn't able to solve anything) or the same problem of my drivers re-installing on boot takes place. Also, i've had several other problems as well like the 'BFE' failing to start up, my Gadgets not appearing (a tiny white square appears in their place and nothing else), my audio service not working, most of the icons of system files like paint, wordpad, notepad, solitare etc in the start menu get all replaced by missing links.
And I have even tried the same thing with the 'LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION' option but the result is the same. It succeeds only once or twice, not more than that. It is indeed a strange problem!

And then as a last solution, i format up my pc which doing is a real pain as you have to reinstall each and everything once again. Sometimes i'm like formatting it twice or even thrice a day.. :(

Also, my computer is not that high tech but still it's old and faithful. Earlier it worked flawless with even a highly loaded software and hardware configuration than now. There were millions of background applications running and so much of addition hardware was attached in the PCI slots but that never gave me any problem until one day i decided to format it and since then, my frequency of formatting has nothing but increased due to the problems i started having. Anyways, Here's the specs:

Ram: 1 GB
HDD: 160 GB IDE
PROCESSOR: PENTIUM IV @ 1.6 ghz.
MOTHERBOARD: BIOSTAR M7TDB
VIDEO: 32 MB - SiS 300/305

·
11,900 Posts
Hi ronnie141, :wave:

I hate to say this, but it sounds as though your HDD is ready to give up on you.
If you intend to persist with it; instead of just letting Windows™ format the Drive, I would recommend that you completely wipe it back to RAW format, and start from scratch.

To do this, download the 'Darik's Boot N' Nuke' (DBAN) iso, and burn it to a CD.
Important: Please read the documentation and instructions before downloading and/or using.

But before you go doing this I'd suggest that you check the HDD to ensure that it is healthy.
Go > Start > Run > type in > chkdsk /r, this will then prompt you to run the disc checker on the next reboot > yes > reboot the computer.

In the event that the disc checker reports that the Drive is 'dirty' or cannot repair sectors, its time for a new HDD.
However, if the disc checker comes back saying the HDD is 'clean'; then, start using DBAN to wipe the Drive.

Post back with what the disc checker results were, and/or how you fared with wiping the Drive.

Kind Regards,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your kind suggestion but i'd like to mention here one thing. My HDD is just approximately 3 years old. Also, i've done the sfc scan without resulting in any errors. But i do remember an event when my D: partition had got corrupt and then the check disk utility had repaired a million files (that i believe was a corrupted index issue, maybe) after which i could view my files again on that partition.

You might wanna see this link, eventhough i had uploaded this video just for fun and the quality is not that good but that's what had happened. How Computers Get Messed Up! - YouTube

But just to be safe, I Had Performed a Full Format of my HDD then. Not to mention, that the weird system behaviour wasn't corrected after the event. So would you still want me to do the DBAN thing. Because dear sir, wiping my drive is going to give me some pain no doubt. But still if there's no other way, i'll do that. So please suggest what should i do.. Thanks.

·
Registered
40,896 Posts
Sometimes i'm like formatting it twice or even thrice a day.
If you are formatting more then once, then your HDD is failing and needs to be replaced.
As Chauffer said, first try the Check Disk Utility. But there is a slight change in his Syntax since you are running Windows 7.
Go to Start/Search and type CMD right click the CMD icon in the search results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type chkdsk /R and press enter. Now type a Y for Yes and reboot the computer. The Check Disk utility will start at next bootup.
You can also download the ISO image for Seatools in my signature and burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD and run the Short and Long tests on the HDD. If either tests fails, the HDD needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I followed as i was told. I scheduled the disk check but as far as i belive i saw it, it only checked my C: partition and not my D: (i have two partitions as the same). Anyhow, after the disk check completed, without any errors, i went ahead and booted my system with sea tools. The short test passed well and good but the long one resulted in an error which at the end of the test was repaired automatically. But just to ensure it, i re ran a long test and this time it completed very successfully. So i restarted my system and went to windows, finding the problem still there.. :(.. Also, i get this weird error a lot of the times stating "windows failed to connect to a service service". Do you want me format it once more to check it if this time the issue is resolved? Or is there something else i should do? Please help.. Thanks

·
Registered
40,896 Posts
Go to Start/Search and type CMD right click the CMD icon in the search results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type chkdsk /R and press enter. Now type a Y for Yes and reboot the computer. The Check Disk utility will start at next bootup.
The Long test of Seatools marked a bad sector on your HDD and move the data to another good sector. Did you run Seatools on your D: drive?
If you want to run Check Disk on the D:, follow the instructions in the Quote. The slight difference is, when in the Elevated Command prompt, type the drive letter of the other drive (ex) D: and press enter (ex) D:\> now at the D:\> prompt type chkdsk /R and press enter. Now type a Y for Yes to Unmount the drive.
As for the other error you re having, does it say what particular Service is not connecting?
Go to Start/Search and type eventvwr.msc and press enter. In the Event Viewer Go to System and Application on the Left side, scroll through the list and see any Critical (redX) messages and report them here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As Far as Sea Tools is concerned, it did a full scan of my ATA device as it said. And there was no option to select a partition. And about the error i had, i'll post a screen shot of it with all the other results you required. Thanks..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello,

I went back to check of the Event Manager but as soon as I opened it, an error showed up saying, "The Event Log Service is Unavailable." Also, the Previous error we Talked about had this in the Title,"Failed to Connect to a Windows Service Service" and in the caption was something like this,"Windows failed to connect to a system event notification service. This problem prevents
standard users from logging on to the system.
As an administrative user, you can review the System
Event Log for details about why the service didn't
respond". And it takes 2 - 3 minutes to go past the welcome screen whenever this problem occurs. Not to mention, the event viewer doesn't work all this time either. And you have my apologies as I wouldn't be able to post any screen shots now as my external bluetooth dongle isn't connecting to my computer (it never does as soon as these problems start occuring in my pc, the driver fails to install) and I use it to connect my computer to the internet using my mobile's VPN connection. I'm posting this using my phone right now.

·
Registered
40,896 Posts
Go to Start/Search and type CMD Right click the CMD icon in the search results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing or corrupted drivers.
if this still fails, Restart the computer and press F8 at bootup. In the Advanced Boot Menu choose Repair Your Computer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've already tried the SFC Scan which had resulted in no errors. Also, I have done System Repair like a Thousand Times which is never able to solve my problem either. :(

And here are some screenshots you might wanna have a look on.

Thanks a lot for being patient with me!!!

·
Registered
40,896 Posts
Go to Start/Search and type eventvwr.msc and press enter. In the Event Viewer Go to System and Application on the Left side, scroll through the list and see any Critical (red X) messages and report them here.
So, you can't access the Event Viewer either?
Enable the Hidden Administrators account. Log out of the user you are in and log in as the Administrator. Can you access everything now, including the Event Viewer? If so, then your old user profile is corrupted. Create a new user for yourself with Admin rights. and copy all of your user files to the new user. log out as Admin and log in as the new admin user.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have tried that method as well. But even the 'Hidden Administrator' account shows me the same error with the Event Viewer and everything else. However, with the error still ON, I have tried renewing the user profile for my primary account, and the profile was certainly renewed, but the error wasn't solved. :p.. I have also tried resetting my Winsock Catalogue using the 'netsh winsock' reset command but that too never fixed anything as it never gets successfully reset.

·
11,900 Posts
Hello again Ronnie, :wave:

Lets look at another possible cause for this issue...
I suggest that you run a complete Antivirus and Malware scan on your computer; however, before you do, please tell us what AV and antimalware programs you have installed.

Kind Regards,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've been using kaspersky internet security 2013 and it never resulted me with any threats whatsoever since a pretty long time. However, as you suggest that i should do a complete scan once more, i'll do the same for sure and post with the results. Thanks.

·
11,900 Posts
Hi ronnie,

After running a full scan of your Kaspersky Internet Security 2013™; it might help if you can also download; install, and run a free program called, SpyBot Search & Destroy.
This is a very good program that can pick malware that is missed by other AV/malware programs.
(Please Note: A full scan of SpyBot S&D can take up to 45 minutes to complete.)

Download SpyBot Search & Destroy from this site.

Once done, please post back with the results.

Kind Regards,

·
Moderator , - Microsoft Support
7,738 Posts
Hi, this is a symptom of other problems, unless you resolve a service, service failed to start error, nothing is going to work we may be lucky, follow this:-

Go to start search and type:- cmd, right click on the returned cmd.exe and select run as administrator" this gives us an elevated cmd prompt.

At the prompt type:- (you might find copy paste easier)

Code:
net stop winmgmt
press enter
You will be told other services depend on this and to stop them also Y\N press Y. (you will see a message that the services stopped).

Next, still at cmd prompt type:-

Code:
cd C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\WMI
press enter

Now at the above prompt type:-

Code:
rename RtBackup RtBackup2
press enter

Exit out of the command prompt and RESTART your computer.Try event viewer.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.