Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm sure everyone got that at one point or another while using Vista.
Well, I honestly don't care about how my Windows looks from the outside, but the thing is it hurts the actual programs from running smoothly.
Running a GBA Emulator, for example, the color scheme changes the display to be squarish, and also slower. I can't play when the display is so squared. This only happens after I save, so it's not a problem with my computer or something. The display is ok before saving.
This also happened to me with another program I can't remember, but the view wasn't nearly as bad. In fact, I didn't even know it changed the color setting until after I exited the program.

So my question is, after all of this:
Can I force windows into Aero in any situation, without it automatically changing? OR, can I still have the regular effects working (and not turning square) without Aero? I tried every other possible configuration (vista basic, classic etc.) and it's like Aero + the color scheme change, so it's still squared.

·
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired
13,608 Posts
not as far as i know. if you launch an app that can't write to the screen using areo, vista automatically turns it off, and keeps it off until the app is closed. another one of those things that i hate about vista, it makes most of the choices for you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not as far as i know. if you launch an app that can't write to the screen using areo, vista automatically turns it off, and keeps it off until the app is closed. another one of those things that i hate about vista, it makes most of the choices for you.
Well that can't be good nor too logic, because it does that too for MICROSOFT Flight Simulator X. And you can guess how it runs yourself. :(
Any other solution?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.