Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all im new to the forum,basically cause iv never had any problems with my comp before but now i have a really big 1 thats getting very anoying now and was hoping theres some kind person out there could possibly help me lol! before i start my name is daniel btw nice to meet you all!

the problem is my computer will not let me access 80 percent of the stuff i use,every time i try getting into my messanger,internet explorer,games,downloaded stuff like music sites i get a message (that i have to say i wish i could turn into a computer virus and beat the crap out of it)
"the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005) click ok to terminate the application" i cant use anything! i cant download anything to try and fix it either cause every time i do it says it failed to initialize!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sigh::sigh::sigh: please please help!!!!!!:wave::pray::wave:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hello, and welcome to TSF.

Have you tried to defragment or run scandisk? You could also have a bad RAM module. If you can, try to defrag and scandisk first. If neither will run and/or you run them successfully and still have problems then my first suspect would be RAM.

You could open your case and see if you have two or more RAM modules. If you have more than one, you could remove all but one and try to run your computer. If the problem persists then remove the one that was left in and replace it with one of the modules that you removed. Repeat this process with each RAM module one at a time until you have tested all of them. If at some point the computer works then you have found the bad RAM and you can replace it.

If you are uncomfortable opening your case then download and run memtest86. If you test the RAM and have a bad module you will still have to open your case to replace any bad modules but at least you will have an idea of the root of your problem.

You might need to borrow somebody's computer at this point, preferably a PC with a CD burner. Do a google search for memtest86. The first link in the search results will take you to their web page. In the black sidebar click 'free download'. The first link will be 'ISO image for creating bootable CD (Windows - zip)'. Click that and download and burn the ISO.

Place the disk in the malfunctioning computer and reboot the computer. The PC should see it during the boot process and begin to run the memtest program. If the PC just boots right back to Windows then you'll have to change the boot order in the BIOS. Let us know and we'll tell you how to do that.

Lydokane

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.