With the cold dark winter nights upon us, and the time of giving near, finding the perfect Christmas gift can be difficult for some. Using myself as a personal example, I know that people shopping for me puts a burden on them due to the small selection of items that I tend to like.

When shopping for a Christmas gift, there tend to be certain aspects people look into. Things such as gift potential, price, wondering if the recipient will like it, asking if it’s a good product, etc. To make life easy, I have crafted a list of some of my favorite items that I have reviewed over the past year. Everything from Audio Equipment to Tablets, the following guide has some of the best Christmas gifts on the market and it even factors in price and gift potential.

The following items are listed in no particular order and will have a brief statement followed by a link to the full review. I highly recommend you read the review to find the purchasing links and read a more in-depth review of the product.

The Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9

Amazon took their popular book reading tablet and transformed this device into a new beast. With its easy user interface, helpful Mayday button, and jam packed with Amazon content, the new Kindle Fire HDX is an excellent device for new tablet users. Priced to meet budget conscious people, the Kindle Fire HDX allows for movie, music, and game lovers to enjoy on-the-go entertainment. Read the full review here .

The Amazon Fire TV

Device after device, some products I review stand out above the rest. The Amazon Fire TV has provided me with countless hours of movie and TV entertainment and is just a great little media streaming box. Matched with an Amazon Prime and Netflix subscription, along with other major providers, the Fire TV is a brilliant product for the living room or to even replace the cable box. Read the full review here .

The Beyerdynamic DX 120 iE Earbuds

Replacing my Klipsch in-ear earbuds, the DX 120 iE in-ear earbuds have become my main earbuds for any mobile operation. They isolate the outside world by providing you with comfort and perfect sounds. Having the multiple included ear tips and carrying case is also a great plus. Likewise, the flat cable is tangle-free and avoids the mess that normal cables get into. For anybody looking to replace their current ear-buds, the DX 120 iE is the way to go. Read the full review here .

The Kingston HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset

Stylish, well-built, quality sound, and superb comfort makes the Kingston HyperX Cloud PC Gaming headset a must-have for any gamer. The leatherette ear cups and head band, followed by the memory foam padding makes them so comfortable you may not want to take them off. Additionally, their sound is great for gaming, videos, movies, and even music. Read the full review here .

The Logitech UE Boom

If you are shopping for someone who prefers to listen to music without headphones, they might be interested in the Logitech UE Boom. Made for both indoor and outdoor operation, the UE Boom offers a loud boom sound that can fill the room. It gets even better as the unit is water proof, shock proof, and dust proof. Read the full review here .

The Logitech z506 Surround Sound System

Being someone who spends a fair amount of time on the computer, my desktop has become a base of operation. I play PC games, watch videos, listen to music, and do just about what anybody else would do. For those times that a headset isn’t good enough, the Logitech z506 Surround Sound System is ready for action. The 5.1 surround sound system is crafted to a high standard and is very loud at maximum volume. Read the full review here .

The Logitech Wireless Performance Combo MX800

Over the last few months, I have had the opportunity to review the Logitech Performance MX Mouse, followed by the Logitech K800 Wireless Keyboard. When crafting this list, I could not bear to include one but not the other. Logitech has a combo unit that includes both units at a friendly price. The MX mouse offers precision accuracy while the K800 keyboard glows in the dark for night operation; the keys are also in large, easy to read font. Read the full Performance MX Mouse review here . Read the full K800 keyboard review here .

The Olympus Stylus TG-850 Camera

Although our smartphones have built in cameras, there are times that a pocket sized portable camera is just better. The Olympus Stylus TG-850 is one of those cameras, as it offers a perfect camera shot and has a strong, rugged body. The portable, pocket sized camera can handle drops, water, dust, and sand. If you know someone who enjoys photo shoots, the TG-850 may be a great gift. Read the full review here .

The RAVPower Deluxe RP-PB19 Battery Pack

In a world where more and more devices are going mobile, keeping them all charged can be difficult. If you’ve ever had a tablet or smartphone die midday, you understand the struggle of not having a powered device. RAVPower has a solution for such days, the Deluxe battery pack. With its 15,000mAh portable battery, it can handle tablets and smartphone charging simultaneously. Read the full review here .

The RAVPower RP-PB17 Luster Battery Pack

As I mentioned in my review, the RAVPower Luster is an excellent compact battery charger for on-the-go people. After my review had been published, I placed the Luster in my car for emergency power. I needn't worry about my phone running dry while away from home. The Luster’s 6000mAh battery allows me to continue with my day and can be a true life saver. Read the full review here .

The RAVPower Orbit Qi Wireless Charger

With more smartphones having the capability of wireless charging, we need a way to harness this power. Cue the RAVPower Orbit Qi Wireless charger. By placing your phone on top of the compact circular pad, the Qi can effectively transmit an electric current and begin charging your phone. It may not be the fastest charger, but its easy operation is unbeatable. Read the full review here .

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Just recently, I had the opportunity to review the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S in a stunning white color and with an outstanding 8.4” screen. With over two months of using the device, I found the Tab S to be a superb choice from the tablet market and even comes out on top in the competition. Thinner than an iPad, and more powerful than other Android tablets, the Tab S is truly a “Tablet King” and an excellent purchase. Read the full review here .

The Samsung Galaxy S5

Nearly every American owns a smartphone, and finding the right one can be difficult. There are many questions to ask when shopping, but to make it easy, here’s my recommendation. As a current Galaxy S3 owner, and after reviewing the Galaxy S5, I found this new flagship device to be a top tier phone. The water resistant body, perfect display, and fingerprint sensor are only the beginning of what this phone can do. Running on every major US carrier, both on and off contract, it makes an easy recommendation. Read the full review here .

The TaoTronics TT-DL01 Desk Lamp

Still sitting on my desk today, the TaoTronics DL-01LED Desk Lamp makes for a great addition. Having a modern and stylish design, the DL-01 offers four lighting modes and even has a USB charging port. The price hasn’t decreased since my review, but will certainly make a great addition to a computer desk. Read the full review here .

The Turtle Beach x42 Gaming Headset

Compatible on both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One (with the Microsoft adapter), the Turtle Beach x42 wireless gaming headset offers quiet comfort gaming, while still being able to hear footsteps in your game. The wireless capability and built-in microphone is perfect for any Xbox gamer. Read the full review here .

The Vizio s3851w-d4 Sound bar

It doesn’t matter if you’re a movie fan, TV lover, or just like to listen to music in your living room, let’s face it, your TV speakers are not cutting it. With the recent release of the Vizio s3851w-d4 Sound bar, it truly is an engineering masterpiece. Combined with the two rear speakers and booming subwoofer, the sound bar system is a must have for your living room. I’ve come to love it and paired with Bluetooth it allows for music or movies to be streamed to the unit. Let’s also not forget the multiple number of audio inputs. Read the full review here .

I hope this list provides you with some insight to what to get for that perfect gift. There are many other products that I reviewed and have enjoyed just as much! You can read all of my reviews here . No matter what item you choose, you and the receiver, will surely have a smile on your faces.

Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

© 2014 Masterchiefxx17