Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo guys me again I was explorin the site and you don't have a spot for Linux stuff You have this spot but Linux is huge and BETTER than windows. It needs it's own spot. Leave BeOS and Mac stuff to this spot but I Linux is more important than those.

·
Watching from the shadows
1,143 Posts
I kinda agree but also I won't have requested a change, I feel I do not have any point of view since I joined only a few days ago.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Well I've kinda been here a while I guess, and I agree. I don't think it'd get as many post initially, but if a linux user showed up and saw section just for Linux they'd be more inclined to stay and post rather than "Other OSs" But then the same holds true for MacOS, so how far do you take it is the real question.

Personally I think everyone has a right to voice their opinion regardless of when they joined. You don't have to be here a while to have an idea... maybe it was something they picked up from another forum... You yourself seem to have stepped in to save the day with a whopping 29.55 posts per day. If it's not a newbies place, then why didn't you sit back and watch for a while?

·
Watching from the shadows
1,143 Posts
I feel I have enough knowledge to answer anything I know or have thought on and I was not sure how to respond to that other forums I have been involved with when you make a suggestion when you have a low P.C. they tend to flame you. I have never sat back and just watched I am a go getter when it comes to computer problems I try to help any one I can. And get the problem solved as quickly as possible. Makes the wolrd a better place becuase it relieves other stress.

Also on a side note my post per day will probably go down since you dont get that many new questions a day yet but once they start rolling in I will share when I can.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey Der.. no offense... I'm kinda partial, since I know Dasweetone ... kinda full of himself ain't he... I'm only used to one forum.. this one.. so the flames thing is kinda new to me... I took it as more that you were putting him down for making a suggestion when he's new, when you not much older. But yeah, once again no offense... I'm just protective I guess, and on that note... I'd like to welcome my friends Dustman, and DaSweetOne.. thanks guys..

·
Registered
286 Posts
Valiant,

I agree that adding new forums for Linux and MacOS would proably bring in new members (Of course I'm not the one who would have to do the work, so????).

I also agree that everyone should be able to have their own, and I want it I'll tell them what it is. (HA HA !!! JOKE!!! HA HA).

twas

·
Registered
852 Posts
hows that, DaSweetOne? Even the newbies get attention if the idea is hot. Visit frequently.....................:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm running 7.3 it's the newest :D on an old AMD 550 it used to be my gaming machine until I got my P4 quite the jump I don't know much about it i just got it installed and am reading/skimmin 12 of the hidden secrets, for dummies, and basics books that I found online it was all in 1 big zip file.

Sorry bout the absence I was in Phoenix STUPID confrences we should do it all over video most of the paper work was fresh off the printer anyway they could have just sent it .pdf and confrenced over Vid cam but NOOOO

Anyway I'm sorry I wasn't here to explain my views, it appears that I had a good idea, or the mods got tired of the b!tching that I caused.
NE way thanx for the attention I've got the tingley feeling of accomplishment now :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.