Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm at a loss with this one. I've read many solutions on the HAL problem but I've not seen any solutions to my particular problem which is this:
I have a SATA drive as my C drive and had a 300GB IDE drive as my secondary drive for storage and art stuff mostly. I turn on my computer last week and get the usual error that it's corrupt and needs to be replaced. I try all of the solutions I've found online and nothing seemed to work. I then, on a hunch, removed the second drive and Windows started up just fine. I've since reinstalled Windows XP Pro just to see if it was a conflict that could be averted with a fresh install. After the install I hooked the secondary drive back up restarted the computer and BAM it's back. Does anyone know why this HAL.DLL would have an affect on a secondary drive? Please help if you can, I have tons of art and photos on this drive that can't be replaced. :4-dontkno

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
got it to work somehow. All I did was partition the drive that worked and then plugged the other in and it worked again :4-dontkno Oh well, thanks anyway! :sayyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.