Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tenda w309r router since 2014 and since i have upgraded its firmware it slowly started to behave strange. It does not connect through ppoe connection and the only 2 errors which alternates are:

- please check hardware connection of wan port

- no response from your internet service provider(isp) please consult your isp

My isp says that they can communicate with the modem that is installed in my house therefore it's not their fault.

I had used 3 different wires and ports b/w modem and router and nothing changes.

The LAN port nr 2 of my router seems like is burned as there is no connectivity b/w pc and router when using a cable.

I only use a wire b/w router and modem because my ethernet card is not working anymore.

That's why i can't connect directly to my modem and bypass the router.

So for the moment i only connect from pc to router using wifi.

The question is: can or is it common amoung routers to misbehave by the time goes by and stop respond as usually other than burned ports and other issues related to storms or electricity fluctuations?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, if one port burns, more likely the whole unit will start malfunctioning. At the time of the problem, a high level of power went through the unit and continued to go through the port or ports connected at that time, sometimes if the device has fuses they can go out and protect the device, but if you can see a burned port then that is only the external view and not the internal. many times you cannot even see anything burned but the circuits and components and damaged internally.

Even if you can connect using other ports eventually -sooner than later- you will have problems going through it and could spend many hours troubleshooting it without a practical solution. You are very lucky that the computer still works.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.