Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I would like to post my specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7100) (7100.winmain_win7rc.090421-1700)
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 1984MB RAM
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Am I missing anything?

Anyways the problem is not only with TF2 with other games I have played. First with the freezing problem that effects many games. Whenever I play randomly at times my computer freezes and makes weird distorted noises, everything is frozen so I have to restart my computer. This started when I installed Windows 7 by the way. And for the other problem with TF2, whenever I join a game TF2 often freezes at the starting page where you press continue and all that to get to the screen where you choose your team. I can just close it with Task Manager but it is really a nuisance.

TL;DR: My comp keeps freezing with games randomly where I would have to shut the power off from the power supply to actually do something.

Please help!!!! I might just revert back to XP if I can't fix this problem.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Windows 7 eh? Its still BETA and therefore not a finished product. You will run into problems and this is probably a common problem with Windows 7 that needs to be looked at. You should download Windows 7 BETA on a test computer, not the computer you use for everyday use. I recommend you convert back to XP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
/sigh Alright I guess back to XP I go... one question how can I figure out what my network driver is? When I use dxdiag in run it has no information about my network driver, I'm scared if I convert back to XP I will run into network issues.

·
Hardware Team , Games Team
4,651 Posts
To revert back to XP you will need to do a clean install. Meaning formatting Win7 and then installing XP again. So you need to backup any personal data (including steam) before you attempt anything.

Now before you start, you need to make sure you have all your drivers on a CD/DVD. IE- Motherboard drivers (usually comes on a CD with the motherboard or pre-built PC), graphic drivers and network drivers (Only if your using a PCI Ethernet adapter).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.