1. Taskbar/Start menu freezes. Navigating through the start menu options eventually crashes/freezes it.
2. When taskbar frozen the Desktop icons are still active and I can open those. I can also open MyDocuments folder
3. Although I can open MyDocuments folder and navigate in there, once I try to open MyComputer folder it freezes.
4. Can't shutdown computer because Start menu frozen; Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't work - only puts the task icon in the tray but can't open it. Alt-F4 doesn't close it either. have to hold the on/off switch to shut down.
1. sfc /scannow (no results)
2. changed hard drive (no change)
3. antivirus, spybot, adaware all good.
I'm going to update the PSU unless someone has a better idea.
Here's computer specs:
Thanks for your help!!