Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do ctrl+alt+del and task manager pops open for a fraction of a second and closes. Keep trying and same thing. Can't get it to stay open. Any suggestions? I cleaned MSblast out last week. Could this be a variant?

Sharkky

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same trouble as well. I can't get task manager to stay open, also I'm having trouble installing or running any antivirus software. I was able to download the security patch for the blaster worm, but have not been able to remove it. I cannont find the msblast.exe file anywhere on the machine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pandasoft Rocks!

Zvalkor you are the greatest!

The scan at pandasoftware.com worked the charm. I can now open my task manager and it stays open. The online scan checked over 95,000 files on my c drive and found 44 infected files. The scan disinfected those files and now the task manager function works fine. Anyone using this free online virus scan beware - it takes a long time - a couple hours but is worth it!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
336 Posts
it might take that long if you have so many files infected...I have 140GB and run it often and takes a few minutes for my entire PC. Normally, I just check the folder where I do my downloads and it takes a few seconds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.