Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i have a friend whos computer is taking a long time to boot and him and i have argued a bit on what the cause could be. One of the issues at hand is when theres a power outage it take several tries to get the computer to turn on. him and i agree that it sounds like a PSU issue but at the same time i think it could be a MB issue. also when it does power on after power outage it takes it 2x as long to boot as mine and his is 3x more powerful than my computer. hes running a hex core with 4gb of ram. im only running a duel core with 3gb ram.
what are your thoughts on what the issue could be?

·
Registered
585 Posts
We need to know what the specs are and what model and brand of componets such as mother board, cpu, video card, memory, power supply (check the sticker on the unit for model and wattage), and drives. In the mean time you can download diagnostic software to check the hard drives, my guess would be the hard drive.

·
Banned
9 Posts
I think your computer has too many auto-loaders programs that load automatically every time you boot.like

• Your anti-virus program
  • Your firewall, which if you're using a security suite, will be the same as your anti-virus program.
  • If you have a laptop, consider letting the battery-monitoring program autoload.
  • Programs that you feel have a legitimate reason to always be there. Dropbox, for instance, can't do its job otherwise. And Skype must autoload if you want to get incoming calls.
But before you can remove unwanted autoloaders, you have to find them. Click Start, type msconfig, and press ENTER. (If you're using XP, you'll have to click Start>Run before typing.) Once the program is up, click the Startup tab.

Now you've got a list of your autoloaders. If you can't figure out what one of them is, search the Web for its file name.After that uncheck it and apply....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.