Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the pc i built a while back, and it has an odd problem...

if it cold, and hasnt ran for a few hours, it will hang up on the windows flash screen and the animation stops and it stays there forever, (hence the term; Hanging)

it does not ever do this when it is warm, if i shut if off and turn it back on within an hour or so it starts beautifully.

it seems to me that it is hanging up right before the usb fires up, because when it works it lights up the usb moments after where it would be hanging.

this is no peice of cheese, as i have made sure the parts are all compatible with each other, and the settings in bios are the best settings for stability. i am not sure how being physically cold could cause this, as i have seem people with ice cold processors running fine.

if anyone has any ideas, let me know...

~BoB~

S

·
0 Posts
Try it without the usb connected and see what gives.

How do you get it to boot if it's hanging when it's cold?

What do you have for a power supply in there?

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hmm

well, it wont boot when it is cold.

i have to keep hitting reset untill it has been on for five minutes and then it starts right up.

it really acts like it is a cold problem.

and i am not sure what you meant by unplugging the usb

i did unplug all the usb devices, and it made no differences, so i am suspecting it would be the usb controller inside the motherboard.

thanks for the help
~BoB~

oh yeah, and it has a new 400 watt power supply in it, but i suppose it could be a goofball.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi I just want to give some comment regarding your problem. Have you encounter this problem when you finished assembling the pc with you or this just happened after a few months your using it. Have you attach or installed a new hardware on your pc before this happened. I encounter this problem before with an AMD processor and what I just did is remove the whole motherboard and place a ground resistant on it and i didn't encounter any similar problem as you have now.

This could be a weird but it works.:angry2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.