Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Running on Windows Vista Home Premium, service pack 1.

I am having this really weird problem, stuff actually works fine when I log onto my computer, but after start-up applications are finished loading, IE: messenger, Norton, internet connection.

I can't access my desktop or my quick bar or start button anymore. Mousing over them doesn't do anything, is as if they are just the background picture.

If I open any application during start up period, those programs would work fine, except anything to do with the system, which include any file folders, anything in the control panel, and windows task manager. I can install new programs thou, just no way to uninstall any.

This problem actually don't happen when I run windows in safe mode with Network or command prompt, but I can't exactly do much in safe mode. I can access the system applications that way but I don't know what exactly I can do during safe mode.

This issue sounded very much like malware or virus, but I ran quite a few detection programs to scan for those but they didn't find anything.

When I shut down or log off my computer, for the brief of window of time I can actually click on the icons (before they act like they were background picture) again and task manager seemed to be working too.

This happened while I was playing Modern Warfare 2, I was loading a mission on single player where the loading got stuck, witch I opened task manager and tried to terminate the program, which didn't work, but when I went back to Modern Warfare screen, an error message popped up (can't remember what it said), and amazingly, the mission finished loading and I actually played about an hour or so only to find my desktop, quick bar, etc "frozen" after closing the game.
O yeah and I did opened the game right after desktop appeared, so it was during "start up time".

I am thinking maybe this is a setting problem, maybe it will work after I clear some cashe, something I can do with the command prompt? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.