Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

you know the systeminfo.exe that when u type it into a cmd box on xp pro and vista, how can you get it working on xp home?

thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, thanks for the reply, unfortunatly it didnt work on xp home, but it does display an info box on 7. I was hoping for a command line program. the systeminfo displays the installed hotfixes which is the bit i want really, 'cos im writing a script which downloads and installs windows updates from a 3rd party server rather than windows update server, and i need a way to check to see what updates are already installed. I planned to use the systeminfo to wrie the list of hotfixes to a txt file, then my script would check the txt file for the update and if it finds it, then it will skip to the next 1.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hi Aaron,

Go to Control Panel and click SYSTEM INFORMATION. Always easier that trying to type the correct path and file names into RUN.

Luck, Jim

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Hi

If you want a command line utility for hotfixes in Windows XP Home then you can download PsInfo from Microsoft's Sysinternals Suite.
PsInfo + Usage

You can download and extract the file to your Windows\System32 directory so that it is in the path. Then you can run:
Code:
psinfo -h > psinfo.txt
This will create a file psinfo.txt with a list of hotfixes. Though I do not know if this is in the format you require!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys for your replies, the pstools is exactly what i wanted, thank you v much

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.