Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i am missing my system32 file i went seached for it couldn't find it so i used some thing i found useful Internet explore and typed C:/WINDOWS/system32 and i found it but still nothing would work like crlt+alt+del or alt+f4 or cmd i was like it is there work! and i found out that the file isn't missing it is like hidn i was going to copy the file to new one can't make new file called system32 due to one already made

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Yes it is hidden for a reason as stated.
If you are having issues with the crlt+alt+del or alt+f4 or cmd Run the System File Checker

Go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow ( sfc if not reconized)

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem. You will need your Windows cd.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have a hp didn't come with xp disk

how would i do it that way without xp disk? i have a hp computer and i don't have a xp disk so will the command scf/scannow command work?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have the i386 but it is C:\WINDOWS\I386 in that location and when i can the command it just finshed didn't say anything at all and ctrl+alt+del didn't work after it finsed as well should i restart teh pc?

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
XZanE said:
how would i do it that way without xp disk? i have a hp computer and i don't have a xp disk so will the command scf/scannow command work?
Did this computer come with a restore partition?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
restore partition? there is a D:drive HP_RECOVERY nfi what that is any of you i think that is what it is ment to be nfi.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
That would be your restore partition. This is why you do not have any recovery CDs. During boot up, you should be prompted to press a key to enter system recovery, F2, F11, etc.. This will restore you OS to 'as new' or 'as the way you bought it' condition.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah i don't really want to format my pc i have a **** load of stuff to back up so i tihnk i should go back everything up then format.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.