System:-

ASUS P5GDC Deluxe Motherboard
P4 3.2Ghz Processor
ASUS ATI EAX600XT PCI-Express Graphics Card
460W Akasa PSU
SATA HDD
Corsaire 2*512MB DDR2 Memory
XP

Everything was fine until recently when I powered my system up and nothing appeared on the screen. Power was OK and everything appeared normal in terms of CPU Fan spinning, Graphics card on, HDD spinning etc etc but nothing on screen.

I changed the graphics card and also the monitor/cable but still the same, absolutely nothing on the screen, not even any BIOS messages. The system won't boot from CD either.

I removed all components from motherbaord and reset the CMOS, connected everything back but still the same. I assumed the motherbaord was faulty so returned it, however, it came back no fault found. I spoke with the reseller and they appeared to have configured it in a similar configuration and ran some tests for an hour without any problems.

When returned I tried again but same problem, tried another graphics card and still the same. Without replacing every single component I am at a loss. Anybody had similar experience or suggestions?

Thanks

Jack

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
Hi,

You probably don't want to hear this, but your power supply is one of the very low rated supplies on the market. They just don't put out enough power for a high powered unit like you have. I would suspect that this could be your problem.

If you get a chance, you might want to boogie on over to your local Best Buy or Staples and find a good Antec or Enermax supply in the range of 500 watts and try it in this machine. If it does not fix the problem, then return it for a refund. That way, it does not cost you anything if that does not fix the problem. You do need to know that a good power supply (please, if you want quality, buy either the Enermax or Antec) will cost you $100, so don't settle for less unless you want problems. A weak power supply is what is wrong in probably 70% of the problems we see on forums like TSF. That is my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.