Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have Windows XP Pro OS in all pc's at my caffe. i have problem with my one pc it have winXP and mCafee Antivirus 7 fom Network Associates and Microsoft Antispyware Beta installed. the problem is that when i run OS they show only Network Connection Icon in System Tray or it cannot show MS Antispyware Beta Icon and mCafee Antivirus Console icon how i solve that without new installtion.
Plz Help i want to solve this fast.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you are sure they are running in the background, you can set the properties of the system tray to always display the icons.

right-click on the task bar and choose 'properties'. At the bottom of the dialog click on 'Customise'. Here you set McAfee and Antispyware to 'Always Show'.

Another problem could be that they are not running. You may need to open MCAfee and Antispyware and set them to run at startup.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
System tray icon-2

I was do it all already but it run in the back ground and there propertiesare set to show in system tray but it don't show becuase i note when i open msconfig from Run Menu in MSconfig Startup tool it don't showing any startup command in Msconfig.
Whaz the problem plz reply as soon as possible....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Open the Virusscan console by going to Start/Programs/Network Associates/Virusscan Console.

Right-click on 'On-Access scan' and choose 'Properties'. In the 'General' tab, make sure 'Enable On-Access Scanning at Startup' is turned on.

also

Go to 'Tools/User Interface Options' in the virusscan console. Make sure 'Show system tray icon with all menu options' is selected.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did it but its not work

Its run registery do not shown in Startup List in MSCONFIG and in REGEDIT.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Have you rebooted?

Do you have admin rights on the computer?

Are you sure the software is installed correctly?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i uninstall the antivirus and antispyware and rebooted and reinstalll and rebooted agian but my problem not solve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.