Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to check in. The new outfit is working great, no glitches of any kind.

It was running too hot the first day or two, consistently about 57C.

My case is inside of a large oak computer desk that didn't allow much air circulation. I removed the back of the desk (who looks under there anyway??). I also cut out a 12" by 18" section of the desk side panel (hidden)to allow plenty of air into the large screened intake area of the case. I haven't seen a temp over 37C for the mobo, or anything higher than 35C for the processor since getting out my jigsaw. And I have been WORKING it!!

I hope you all end up as happy as I am.

Chuck

Gigabyte GZ Full Tower ATX, Enermax EG701AX-VE-SFMA 600W PSU, Athlon 64 X2 4200+, WD Caviar SE 200GB HDD, Asus A8V-E SE Via K8T890 Mobo, 2 GB Corsair TWINX2048 3200PRO DDR400 memory, Asus EN7800GTX GeForce 7800GTX PCI Express video card

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Chuck:

Congrats >> glad you got that system rocking / I'll have to throw in a jigsaw with my computer tools !! LOL good move

joe

·
Registered
878 Posts
yea, i hear you with the desk-modding. I tossed the back panel on my desk ages ago, and the door hasn't been installed in a few years either. A little bit noisier, but well worth it to keep my computer cool :sayyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.