Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
System Sound Keeps Turning Itself Off? (solved!)

This is really irritating. It happens at random.

I could be playing WoW, watching youtube, or just listening to music, and my sound will turn itself down. When I try to slide the bar back up to full volume, it slowly slides back down! The ONLY way I can fix this is to reboot my system.

I know it is in no way my power supply - I just got a brand new Corsair installed a week ago, and to be honest, this problem was present with my old PSU as well. Any idea as to what's going on? I'd like to have functional sound for once.

PS:

I can't update any drivers related to the Microsoft company. My computer has that problem where I've upgraded so much hardware, my copy of windows doesn't recognize itself as legal anymore, so I have to avoid service packs, automatic updates, etc. until I get my new machine and a new OS and such. So I'd prefer a solution where I don't have to convince Microsoft that my computer has been upgraded "too" much. XD.

Edit: It was my keyboard, I think. It's got a really touchy touch screen volume control/track skipping interface. All I had to do was push my keyboard's mute button. I would try to disable the touch screen altogether if I didn't need it to control the backlit illumination levels. So if you're having my problem, try messing with your keyboard's volume control!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.