Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the time(I'd say around 95% of the time), my computer doesnt shutdown right. Ill do the usual, go to start, turn off computer, and hit shutdown. But it will just sit there and do nothing. It wont shutdown at all, it would just act like I didnt tell it do to anything. Somtimes I'll get one of those "Program not responing" messages and its always DEVLDR if it comes up. After closing that program the computer still chooses to sit and do nothing. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
hey
10,189 Posts
This error may occur if you have the Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live installed on your computer.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, remove or turn off the Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live Driver and reinstall the driver from the Windows XP CD-ROM. To do this, follow these steps:
Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
In Control Panel, double-click System.
In the System Properties dialog box, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
Expand Sound, video and game controllers.
Right-click Creative Labs SoundBlaster, and then click Uninstall.

When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
Reinstall the sound card driver from your Windows XP CD-ROM.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have removed the sound card driver in device manager but where do I go to reinstall it on the XP cdrom? Also, I tried restarting and letting windows automatically install it but I still have the same problem. Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.