Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there hope you can help.
For some reason my System restore does not go back any further than the month it is in. I know it crerates automatic points but for some reason on my desktop pc it will not. My Laptop running XP is fine as are my friends. Just wondered what I can do to solve this and would appreciate any advice.
Richard

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
hi
try a virus scan first
use either housecall or panda
then under system properties in your control panel, click on system restore and move the slide all the way to the right to enable more restore points. in the future.
regards

·
Registered
250 Posts
My system restore only let's me go back about thirty days. The amount of disk space you allocate for System Restore determines the number of restore points you'll have available. To edit the amount of disk space used for System Restore, right-click on My Computer, go to Properties, click on the System Restore tab, then click on the settings button. I'm not sure why you'd have to go back so far with the System Restore option. :4-dontkno

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies

I have tried all of the suggested things to do. Maybe as the last suggestion said I only need go back 30 days it's just that on all other computers with system resore it appears that you can go back a couple of months. I have the slider bar up top its maximum in the settings panel.
These things are sent to try us :)

Richard

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
hi
without setting restore points, dates, i believe the default would only be 30 days max.......but i could be wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.