Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have windows xp media centre service pack 2 ( use Norton Internet Security) and can't get system restore to work. I've tried many restore points and get this message:

Restoration Incomplete
Your computer cannot be restored to ____. Pick another restore point and try again.

Then a window pops up and reads:

Symantec Service Framework has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Please tell microsoft about this problem. Send error report.

Then another window pops up from the task bar which reads:

Norton
Your antivirus program has been turned off and computer not protected. When I check my Norton antivirus program its says I'm connected and protected.

Can you help with system restore?

·
Manager, TSF Articles
38,393 Posts
In that case, start Norton and on the Norton AntiVirus tab or the Norton Internet Security tab, press Settings. Under Basic Security, click Auto-Protect then press Configure. In the left hand pane, press Miscellaneous.
In the right hand pane, under How to protect my product, uncheck Turn on protection for my Symantec product and press OK.

Next run Windows System Restore

Open Norton again and go through the same steps, but this time under How to protect my product, check Turn on protection for my Symantec product and press OK.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, I recently upgraded the Norton to Norton Internet Security 2008. However, I did what you said and turned off the auto protect and tried several system restore dates, but it still did not restore. I have the Acer Empowering Technology on my computer and one of the components is Acer eRecovery Management. Could this be interfering with System Restore? Or any other suggestions.
Thanks.
JohnDL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi
I've been trying to unzip the file you sent me, but have had no luck. Can you walk me through how to unzip the file. Thanks. JohnDL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.