Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
System Restore gives me the following error when I try to go back to a restore point: "The disk Local Disk (C:) has errors. Windows has detected file system corruption on Local Disk (C:). You must check the disk for errors before it can be restored."

It then gives me a link that says "Check the disk for errors". When I click on this, it says "Windows can't check the disk while in use" and gives me an option to "Schedule disk check".

However, when I schedule the disk check for the next restart, and then restart my computer, the disk check freezes after checking 2% of the files. I'm also unable to cancel the disk check (the starting page says it can be canceled by pressing any key... this doesn't work!). I must have restarted my computer about 10 times, the disk check failing to cancel AND freezing every single time, before I figured out how to restart with the last successful configuration.

I currently can use Windows without any errors - there are just some recent minor bugs that I find incredibly annoying, which is why I was attempting to use System Restore.

Is there any way I can get System Restore and/or the Disk Check to work?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.