Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just bought new everything for a brand new pc I'm building. I got everything running and set up the bios defaults and had the cdrom first priority for boot.

I put in Windows XP Professional SP3 installation disc in and then when I press enter it hangs on "Please wait..." So I ended up updating the BIOS to its newest version and tried it again.

Now I click enter and it shows the agreement, and I thought it was working now. It goes to the next screen after I agree and it shows unpartioned and I press C to make a new Partition and make it the maximun GB it could be because I'm only going to have one drive.

I then click enter and I click the next option (not the quick mode). Right after I click that option, my system just restarts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How old is your Xp setup disk? Does it need a clean? Have you been successful in the past with this CD?
You don't state the size of the HD. Try a smaller size partition. Use the NTFS option.
It is a brand new disc, it is only used for a clean install. The size of my HD is 500 gb. I do use the NTFS since its the only option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.