Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I got a second computer for my kids that is offline. It is: athlon 1800, Nvidia GeForce2 Ti 64mb, Quantom 30gb, 512mb RAM. I updated the Nvidia driver to 23.11. When playing most games that are new and suppose to be XP compatable(Jedi Knight2...), the computer constantly shuts off and reboots with the error message: sysytem has recovered from a serious error. The following files are included in the error report:

C\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini 040902-01.dmp

C\Docume~1\JOHNB~1.HOO\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

Also, in system information it says there is 768mb of physical memory and not 512,if that helps any. I also have the error signatures if that will help.Now that I have been messing with it,I have found that it will shut off even when running msconfig. Any help or suggestions in fixing this would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help. Here are the error sigs.: BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C000001D BCP2 : BF9B9107 BCP3 : F2443314 BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer5_2600 SP:0_0 Product : 768_1 Have no clue what any of that means but there they are! And thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, XP came installed with their computer. I updated to XP home edition on my computer which has a Nvidia card with the updated driver as well. It seems to be working good. Not sure what is going on??. Thanks very much for your time.

S

·
0 Posts
If this is a brand new computer bring it back and tell them you want another one.
Tell them you are not satisfied with the way it is working, Also that you are familiar with computers and this one just isn't right.
There are laws to back you up on this in most states.

·
Registered
57 Posts
As far as I can tell the "sysdata.xml" is part of the error reporting tool (not 100% positive). Seems like a rash of problems lately and Microsoft has no "knowledge" of this (like usual). What it looks like is that anything can cause this. From video games to web cams. I see that this happens strictly on Home edition, however if I see it on Pro I will post it. The only sure solution I can give you is to turn off error reporting or Format/Reinstall assuming that you have the full copy and not an upgrade.

Go to System Properties
Go to Advanced Tab
Press the Error Reporting Button (Bottom Right of screen)
options exist there to disable error reporting to MS

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
You have an infection or virus is all. Run some scans cause if

minidump is coming up , then there are problems, plural

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.