Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know wat system idle process is
it is da amount of process idle or da amount of process the cpu aint donig
but my task manager is going crazy ...for eg. showing system idle process=80 and at da same time the total process instead of being 20 it is around 70-90
the computer has been extreemly slow since dis thing has started happening.i scaned for virus n maleware.non found
any ideas

·
Registered
108 Posts
verry nice article Coolfreak , bookmarking that thanks ,

if i think about it . logicly ( this i have never tested yet ) but . a duo core processor
has 200 pct to devide if you look at it that way , in the tab alongside do you have 2 processor windows displayed ?

could also be with cool / quiet technology that the other measurement is slow mode and starts working and shows you that system CPU suddenly is working at 180 procent , making that possible as well .

could be a bug , but what caused you to look at it if i may ask ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ma computer has been much slower.tried everything given in da article of cool freak.but dis problem is there.system extreemly slow n the main thing dat has been bugin me
SYSTEM IDLE PROCESS + SYSTEM PROCESS = GREATER DAN 100
WHCH IS NOT SUPOSED TO BE

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the only way outa dis foramtin drive n re-instalin da winodws.....whch i realy realy wana avoid.
if there is a way outa dis without formatin n all...please share

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i know abt dis cool n quiet tech ! n m prety sure its not hardware ...i m off to formating da drive
done everything else

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
You really haven't done everything else. But, if you wish to format the drive . .

Here's a checklist for you.

The Windows® XP Installation Check List.

1. The Windows® XP SP2-CD (naturally) :grin:

2. Darik's Boot N Nuke®..A Disc wiping Utility; or alternatively...Killdisk™. (Click the coloured Links).

3. Please read this guide...A Step-by-Step Installation Guide with explanations for each step of the installation.

4. The Motherboard CD that contains all the necessary Drivers etc.

A few tips:
a. Darik's Boot N Nuke will take about 4½ hours to completely wipe the Drive; however, this will vary depending on how big the Drive is. (That estimate is for a 80Gb HDD). Wiping the HDD this way will give you the best chance of a 'clean' uninterrupted installation.

b. When you get to Figure 7 in 'The Guide', you can create more than one partition here by simply telling Windows® how big you want it. Should you do decide to create an extra partition, it will not be active until you do so after the installation is over and done with...we can give you guidance as to how this is done, so partition away if you wish.

c. Once the installation is finished, with all the Motherboard Drivers installed, and Internet connected, I strongly recommend that you install a reputable Anti Virus program first; then, go to the Windows Update Site and download all the updates (including SP3).
AVG™ is has a very good free version available here.

d. DO NOT have any unnecessary items; such as, USB cameras, Printers etc., attached to the machine...install all these after the installation is finished, and fully updated from Microsoft®.

If you are uncertain about anything here, do not hesitate to ask for assistance.

Good Luck with this task; when you have finished, please report back with the success or failure of the installation.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Hi Helmtar . .

What banners are you talking about? If you are referring to the one in my signature - I believe images in signatures are reserved to TSF Enthusiasts, TSF Supporters, or the TSF staff.

-Coolfreak

·
Registered
108 Posts
how do you become TSF Enthusiasts, TSF Supporters ? ( another quick question while waiting for feedback )

regards

·
Registered
108 Posts
hmm how about i spam 500 the same messages does that count ? ( hahaha nah just kidding )

okies

will i be contacted when it happens ?

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
I'm not sure if you'll be contacted, but I do know that our admins do this manually, so it may take a few days after you reach the 500 post mark for them to do the change.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.