Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a huge problem with my system freezing everytime I get to the desktop screen. I'm not sure what the problem is. In other posts I've read about power supplies, but I have an antec 430w, and up until a few days ago I wasn't really having much of a freezing problem. In other threads I've read about RAM. But on bootup it says "1024 bytes ok.......NVRAM ok........operating freq. 400hz" so I'm assuming my ram is ok, although I'm not sure what NVRAM is. Does anyone have a similar problem or suggestion???

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also read about adjusting the cpu and ddr voltages within BIOS but I've been all through my BIOS and don't see anywhere to do it. Is this maybe a windows based program or something?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no I haven't installed any new software that I can think of.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That really sounds like a ram issue. I've had similar problems with past computers and was able to solve the problem by putting in the modules one by one to find the bad one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, I "may" have fixed my problem. what I did was follow some info from another thread. In the bios I disabled the legacy usb. Actually I felt the difference. For example, my steering wheel now has much more force. and so far after 3 or 4 boot up's it hasn't froze yet. so I'm crossing my fingers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
..........can you think of any other reason why anyone would need such a computer?? :tongue2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.