Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to open a compile.bat file (and various other files in the past) today and I got the following error message:

The keyboard driver specified by the KEYBOARD= line in the [386Enh] section of the SYSTEM.INI file is incompatible with the current version of Windows.

To correct the problem, run Windows Setup again.

How do I fix this? I have a Microsoft Internet Keyboard and Windows 98.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
hmmm.

well, i went and pasted your error message in at dogpile, and it seems that a large number of people have had this same problem while trying to run certain programs. i did not find a solution to this problem, but i noticed that it seems to be only windows ME users with this error, and they all say they have a new keyboard. i will keep looking for info on this, sorry im not much help for the moment.

~BoB~

·
Registered
1 Posts
Keyboard Error

I have had this problem on both Win 98 SE and Win 2000. Any help would be greatly appreciated on this matter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
keyboard driver error

I have win98se and get the same system error when i try to complie.

To fix the problem (somewhat) reinstall the keyboard driver.

Go to control panel, system, keyboard, +, properties, driver, update driver, what do you want windows to do, display a list of all drivers in a specific location, so you can select the driver you want, then keep clicking next, finish and reboot.

This works for me but sometimes i get the same error 2 days later. So i just reinstall the driver again, again , and again.

I will search for upadted driver and post it here if i find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.