I put together a brand new PC:

Pentium 4 2.4 533 MHZ FSB
512 megs PC 2700
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro/GeForce Ti 200
ANTEC 400W PSU
MSI 645DX MB SiS Chipset
60 Gig ATA 100 Maxtor
AMIBIOS ver. 3.1

OK, I have updated my PC to service pack 1, I have updated the SiS agp drivers, and I also used 2 different video cards (Radeon 9700 Pro, GeFroce Ti 200) to test this.
I downloaded the latest Radeon drivers and NVIDIA drivers, but my pc still reboots when graphics are being loaded before gameplay. The system is very stable otherwise. The pc is not being overclocked at all and the BOIS is run at fail-safe mode.
Quake 3 crashes everytime it loads, Battlefield 1942 crashes during map loading and so on. I took everything out of my pc except the vid card, and it still occurs.
Anybody have any ideas, please post or email me. Thanks a lot. Oh yea, one more thing ...whne windows is loading, it seems to delay after choosing what OS you want to run. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hi Saleh,

Welcome to the forums :D

Ok, now as for your problem, its most likely a conflict between both of your Video Cards, specifficly doing with their IRQ's.........They could also be using the same IRQ's, and they need to be changed.

Best Regards,

DaTruMasta

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am not using the cards at the sametime ... i was stating that i was using 2 cards to test out the problem. i think i might just a different mb with a more solid chipset like INTEL.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hi Salehjm

I understand that you are not using them both at the same time, but as long as they are both inserted at the same time, there is a risk of a video card conflict.......

And........If you allready tried only one card at once, it could also possibly be a driver compatibility issue..........

Best Regards,

DaTruMasta

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you think switching to the i850 chipset from the SiS 645DX would perhaps resolve the issue ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.