Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i was listening to itunes and then plugged in a telstra NextG wireless prepaid internet into the front usb. Then the computer suddenly stoped went to a black screen and then it was impossible to start it back up.

At first my monitor wasnt working after playing around i got it working then my mouse and keyboard stoped working, i played around some more and got them working but now its going to the safe mode screen and no matter which option i choose it goes and loads past the windows logo screen then instantly has a blue flash on my screen and then restarts.

It just keeps doing this repeatedly and its getting frustrating, is there any way i can fix this problem without resorting to going to a tech in real life. Also i would rather not format it unless its absolutely necesary i have alot of valuable files on this computer.

I would appreciate greatly any advice/help anyone can offer me.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Good morning Frustrated3;

So this happened exactly at the time you plugged the NextG in right?

When you say it's going to safe mode do you mean you are making this happen yourself (i.e. you're pressing F8 after the POST and selecting safemode) ?

What happens if you try and boot normally out of interest?

Can you try 'safe mode with command prompt' ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
G'Day Ros~,
It automatically goes to safe mode and it was exactly when i pluged the usb. If i turn the computer off and then on normally it just goes to that safe mode screen.

Oh and i have tried every option available in the safe mode screen it all ends in the same result.

·
Registered
429 Posts
OK that's cool, so we can be kinda confident it's a driver issue with the NextG.

Let's try a system restore.

So, restart the machine and when it's completed the Power On Self Test (usually you'll have heard the 'two beeps') press and hold F8 key.

From the menu, select 'Safe Mode with Command Prompt'.

If this works OK; type %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe [enter]

Follow this through to select a restore point from before you have the issue, let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I did as you instructed and it went to a different safe mode screen i chose the 'with command prompt' it seemed to be working chose ok and then the screen stayed black for longer and restarted, it also looped to the basic safe mode screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i just managed to stop the 'restart system on failure' setting and the blue flash/screen reads like this,

"A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.
Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF789E524, 0x0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.