Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not quite sure what the problem is or how to procede. all the components in the comp are stock except for the hard drive which appears to be working correctly now that it is properly installed. the bios seem to be properly set as well... any thoughts as to where to begin to look for this problem?

S

·
0 Posts
Try clearing the CMOS.

Did you install the OS with plug and play OS enabled in the BIOS?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do i clear my cmos? and i did enable plug and play capability... i've had the computer search for new hardware to no avail... can u explain further on the cmos clearing?

S

·
0 Posts
Do you have your manual for your motherboard? If not there are usually a set of jumpers near the battery that will have CLRCMOS or CLRTC or something of that nature written next to them. With the computer off and unplugged move the jumper to the over one pin. In other words if the jumper is on 1 and 2 move it to 2 and 3 for a few seconds then move it back to it's original position.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am unable to find a set of jumpers on the system board near the battery or with the labels u suggested. the motherboard is stock to the system and did not come with a manual. the computer is an old dell 166mhz 32 mb system.

S

·
0 Posts
What do you have in there for cards? Is there a modem attached to the motherboard or is it built into the motherboard?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh and i also have a netgear ethrnet card but i tried starting the computer without it in and i still receive the same error as before. system board device resource error.

S

·
0 Posts
If it has one of those little silver batteries that are about the size of a nickel take it out and leave it out overnight. Then put it back in and start it up. Make sure you unplug the machine before you do any of this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.