Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
TSF Security Team - Rest in Peace
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also, another alternative is the new product that was just relaesed from Symantec: Norton 360 Beta. Its final release is set for March 2007. Right now you can download the Beta for free and help improve it for its final release. I have it and I really like it alot, this will be a very good program once released.

Norton 360 includes:

• AntiVirus
  • AntiSpyware
  • Firewall
  • Intrusion Protection
  • AntiPhising
  • Backup & restore
  • PC TuneUp
  • And More

To download the Beta Click HERE

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
I'm going to test it only on a spare computer. No way am I risking any symantec product on my main HDD, when I've dealt with over 100 cases per day caused by Norton security software for the past year; usually destroys your OS which no one likes. It also conflicts with so many other apps, it unbelievable.

What can be so different about this one?

Can snakes suddenly become harmless?

I think you should also add in the advice to "try it at your own risk keeping in mind Norton's notoriously nefarious reputation over the past 5 years in this market sector".

and

Please ensure you backup your HDD before testing this BETA (after all it is a beta aswell) as per 5 years of well known experience cautiously advises"

Furthermore, security analysts have advised me not to go near it on a working HDD, until they've reviewed it as for the past 5 years, Norton's security products are simply despicable. I'm very surprised by this post as well, first time in a long time have I heard anyone backing and praising Norton :eek: other than Norton relations that is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.