Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot use the chat feature with the Norton 360 program or on it's website because IE7 keep crashing and the ModName is oleaut32.dll. I went to Microsoft, but no help available for this problem. I tried updating the dll file, still no go. Symantec refers me to Microsoft and vice versa. Meanwhile I can't use the chat feature for help for the Symantec program. Any thoughts out there? Thanks!:4-dontkno

·
Registered
204 Posts
I cannot use the chat feature with the Norton 360 program or on it's website because IE7 keep crashing and the ModName is oleaut32.dll. I went to Microsoft, but no help available for this problem. I tried updating the dll file, still no go. Symantec refers me to Microsoft and vice versa. Meanwhile I can't use the chat feature for help for the Symantec program. Any thoughts out there? Thanks!:4-dontkno
Hi ejoy13,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team responding to your posting. It appears that the "oleaut32.dll" file is either missing or corrupt on your system. The good news is that you can download it from the following link:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?oleaut32

1. Please download this file and save it to your Desktop.
2. Close Internet Explorer and UnZip the file.
3. Once it is extracted, move it into the C:\windows\system32 directory. If you receive a message that the file already exists..." do you want to overwrite," choose "Yes."
4. Launch Internet Explorer and go to a website.

This should also allow you to utilize the Chat feature in Norton 360. Please post again and let me know if this resolved your issue.

Thank You,

Michael York

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.